Sunday, February 13, 2011

Act Your Age

Watching the Pebble Beach Pro-Am today, I couldn't stop help thinking that it was due time for Bill Murray to act like an adult. He is a 60 man-child running around in an Elmer Fudd hat during a nationally televised golf tournament at one of the most prestegious courses in the country.




Don't get me wrong, I love Murray's work on the big screen, but come on, we know you are funny and quirky, but can't you just act like a normal guy for 4 days a year.

I know I might be construed as a hypocrite because I have been known to take my shoes off and play golf barefoot, but that is at local course during an outing that is comprised of friends.

Normally I would have brushed the Space Jam star's antics aside and not thought twice about it, but the fact that he continued his disruptive behavior while his Pro-Am partner was in contention for the tourney title, is what irked me.

Granted Murray's partner D.A. Points eventually captured the 2011 Pebble Beach Pro-Am crown, but to me I felt the guy deserved a little bit of respect from Murray. The announcers said Points was fine with Murray's behavior and even welcomed it as a stress reliver, but for a guy gunning for his first PGA title, I would think that he would want to focus on his game rather than the tomfoolery displayed by an aging Hollywood icon.

Next year if we are lucky, Charlie Sheen, teamed with Davis Love III, will be doing lines off of his putter on the 4th tee, with the whole lineup from Vivid Entertainment carrying his bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment